Sunday, November 2, 2014

Shapes and Leaves!

Happy Daylight Savings!  Everyone remember to change their clocks last night? =)

And a belated Happy Halloween as well!  Our students had lots of fun at our fall party Friday!  We made scarecrows, ate cookies, and played fall bingo.  Now to start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas...EEK!!

We have reviewing properties of 2-D and 3-D shapes.  As a warm-up, I asked students to choose one shape, either 2-D or 3-D, and write what they know about it.  The kiddos ran with it!




















Then we played a shape sorting game with partners.  I found some cool shape sorting mats on Lakeshore, but couldn't justify spending money on something I could make myself...so I did!  When students were done with one sorting mat, they traded with another group who had a different mat.





  
In honor of my favorite season, this week we read "Leaf Man" by Lois Ehlert.  SUCH a great book!  As a writing follow-up, the students made their own leaf men to display in the hallway!














Oh, and here's the pumpkin my husband and I carved Thursday night!  We named him Hector! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment